Dungeons and Dragons Lair Assault
- Fortune cards are legal.
- Each session will last no more than 20 rounds. If you have not reached the final enemy by that time, the encounter is over. Expected play time for this is 2.5 to 3.5 hours.
- No rituals will be allowed before or during the encounter.
- There will be NO SHORT RESTS during the encounter. NONE.
- If your character has Fire Resistance, it will be HALVED, rounded down.
- This encounter will be extremely difficult and challenging, and highly optimized character building with an eye towards party balance is encouraged. Expect many TPK’s. (Total Party Kill)
- This encounter can be played as many times with as many different characters as you wish.
- Glory points will be given for objectives accomplished during the encounter. Some of this will be known, some will be hidden. A list of Glory points and their objectives can be found here.
- A special “Nightmare Mode” that cranks up the hardness to ludicrous levels can be run in the encounter. This will not be run for the first session, but may be voted on to be run in subsequent sessions. Only the very brave or very foolish should apply.
- Due to the amount of work it take to run this encounter and the length of time it takes to run it, no more than six players will be allowed. FIRST COME IS FIRST SERVED. If we have enough people show up, and one of our other DM’s is willing and present, we will try to run two tables if there are at least 4 players per table. Fewer than four players is a waste of everyone’s time, as you simply will not survive. At all.
Return to the main page